CT Users Group
Welcome... to the CT Users Group
The CT users group
We are a UK based group for people with an interest in medical CT scanning. Our main aim is to share experience and knowledge relating to CT scanning with each other, as well as to provide an educational forum. We formed in 1999, and are mainly hospital physicists, but we also count radiographers and radiologists amongst our number.
Fourteenth CTUG meeting: 4th October 2012
The next meeting of the CT Users Group was held on Thursday 4th October 2012 at the Royal Over-Seas League in Edinburgh.
It is now possible to view pdf versions of the talks from the meeting, check out the programme for the links.
January 2012: New Chair for the CTUG
Steve Mutch has been voted as the new Chair for the CTUG. Thanks very much to Ian Negus for your hard work as the previous incumbent, and all the best to Steve.
Third CT dose and practice survey
HPA is conducting a third survey of CT practice covering the whole of the UK. The aims are to assess changes since the last survey in 2003, provide guidance for some recently established examinations, update existing examination specific national reference doses, and provide a baseline for potential follow-up optimisation studies. Follow the link for more details on how to participate in this important survey.
The results from the previous NRPB/CTUG/ImPACT CT survey was published online by the NRPB as report NRPB-W67, 'Doses from Computed Tomography (CT) Examinations in the UK - 2003 Review' (free download).
IQWorks - automated image analysis software for medical physicists
As part of an ongoing interest in automated analysis of CT (and other digital modality) images, CTUG is proud to be involved with the development and support of IQWorks.
This project aims to build on the fantastic work by Andrew Reilly as part of his PhD research at Edinburgh University. The software can now be downloaded, and broader input into its development as an open source project is encouraged. Follow the link above to find out more!
Click on any of the following links for more details of each meeting. More recent meetings have pdf versions of presentations that can be viewed online.
- 4th October 2012, in Edinburgh
- 5th October 2011, in Sheffield
- 14th October 2010, at Hammersmith Hospital, London
- 26th November 2009, in Belfast
- 21st October 2008, at Leeds General Infirmary
- 23rd October 2007, at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham.
- 16th November 2006, at Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham
- 6th October 2005, at the Newcastle General Hospital
- 14th October 2004, at the Bristol Royal Infirmary
- 13th January 2004, at the Lister Institute, Edinburgh
- 7th November 2002, at Nottingham City Hospital
- 21st November 2001, at the Manchester Dental Education centre, Manchester
- 20th June 2000, at St George's Hospital, Tooting, London
- 29th September 1999, at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham